DJI Ronin 3-Axis Stabilized Handheld Gimbal System
The DJI Ronin has been developed for the filmmaking professional. High build quality standards ensure that it keeps up with the demands of rigorous handheld use in trying environments. Simply hold it in your hands to create smooth and stable footage. Custom built ultra-fast processors, extremely accurate sensors, and advanced algorithms, together with fanatical attention to detail has created a system that offers remarkably precise manipulation of control angles - within the range of ±0.02°.
See full description
Main information about DJI Ronin 3-Axis Stabilized Handheld Gimbal System
The DJI Ronin has been developed for the filmmaking professional. High build quality standards ensure that it keeps up with the demands of rigorous handheld use in trying environments. Simply hold it in your hands to create smooth and stable footage. Custom built ultra-fast processors, extremely accurate sensors, and advanced algorithms, together with fanatical attention to detail has created a system that offers remarkably precise manipulation of control angles - within the range of ±0.02°. This puts world-class, industry leading technology into your hands and creates unparalleled picture and video stabilization.
- TOOL FREE ADJUSTMENT
A built-in balance adjustment system means no tools are needed for setup and adjustment. Changing the setup for different camera arrangements is quick and simple.
- SIMPLE 5-MINUTE SETUP
With a little practice, the Ronin takes less than 5 minutes to set up and balance whenever the camera configuration is changed. This saves time, making the Ronin more efficient in professional environments where every second counts. The built-in ATS (Auto Tune Stability) technology intelligently tunes the Ronin to your camera rig at the touch of a button.
- SUPPORTS A MULTITUDE OF CAMERAS AND LENSES
The Ronin is not customized for any specific camera. It can be easily adjusted to carry everything from small & light Micro-Four-Thirds cameras to heavier systems like the Red Epic.
- BASED ON ZENMUSE TECHNOLOGY
The DJI Zenmuse gimbals were the first commercially available systems in the world to utilize brushless motor technology for professional filming and aerial photography. The Zenmuse gimbal line has long been a benchmark that others have been measured against. The Ronin is based off the same technology and also offers multiple control modes, a built-in IMU, and customized direct drive brushless motors.
- SMOOTHTRACK CONTROL
SmoothTrack gives a single gimbal operator the ability to transform their tilt and pan movements on the gimbal into smooth and stabilized camera angle changes. This makes framing wide-angle or close scenes significantly easier for a single operator.
- 3 OPERATION MODES
3 different modes of operation allow the Ronin to be used in different scenarios, all of which can be entered without changing settings on the Ronin Assistant app or a 2nd operator remote. SmoothTrack functionality remains in all three modes.
- 2ND OPERATOR CONTROLLER
An included 2nd operator transmitter allows a 2nd operator to pan, tilt, and roll independent of the Ronin’s movement. SmoothTrack speeds and operation modes can be assigned with 2 custom toggle switches on the transmitter.
- EXTREMELY DURABLE, HIGH BUILD QUALITY
Made from precision machined aircraft-grade aluminum, the Ronin offers the durability to withstand rugged use on set and meets the high demand for reliability. No loose cables or zip ties give it a clean, professional appearance.
- HIGH TORQUE, PRECISION CONTROLLED MOTORS
Motors have been developed with the high performance Ronin in mind. Using FOC control, you can count on high precision, low vibration, and increased torque. Digital Absolute Positioning Encoders in each axis provide the highest levels of accuracy. This combination of custom motor modules and features is found in no other system.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE PROCESSING POWER
A customized, advanced 32-bit floating point DSP processor offers more efficiency than an ARM processor, for faster processing of signals from the onboard encoders.
- BUILT-IN RECEIVER & REMOTE CONTROL
A built-in DJI receiver allows the Ronin to be remotely controlled by a 2nd operator. The gimbal operator can focus on gimbal movement while the 2nd operator pays attention to camera movement. 2nd operator mode is also useful for gimbal control when working with flying platforms for aerial cinematography. A D-bus port is also included if a non-DJI receiver is required.
- QUICK SWAP SMART BATTERY
The Ronin’s customized smart battery is easy to install and simple to charge with the provided charger. Remaining power can be checked directly on the battery. Overcharge and over depletion protection is built-in, as is individual battery cell charge balancing. Expected runtime is over 4 hours, depending on the attached camera rig and gimbal usage.
- POWER DISTRIBUTION BOX
Two regulated 12V P-taps, one 500mAH full size USB connector, and also a connection point for the DJI Lightbridge Long Range HD Video Downlink are provided. This offers convenient power connection for various accessories including follow focus systems, HD video downlinks and others, all while keeping the wiring to a minimum.
- DUAL 15MM RODS FOR FOLLOW-FOCUS ACCESSORIES
Follow focus systems and matte boxes can be easily mounted on the Ronin using industry standard dual 15mm segmented rods. The segmented rods allow for customization of different lengths, dependent on camera and lens setup.
- PROTECTIVE CARRYING CASE
An extremely strong, durable and water tight carrying case with rolling wheels provides easy transportation. Dense custom cut EVA foam protects the Ronin and accessories.
- MOBILE BLUETOOTH ASSISTANT SOFTWARE
The feature-rich iOS DJI Assistant software allows easy setup of all system configurations. The PC Assistant also provides control of all the Ronin’s functionalities in addition to firmware upgrades for future features.
- AUTO CONFIGURATION
After balancing a camera rig, simply tap the Auto Tune Stability button to tune the Ronin for use. It will intelligently adjust parameters based on your camera rig’s weight and independently adjust each individual axis until an optimal setting is found. Auto Tune Stability also fine-tunes other aspects of the control system, making balancing fast and easy.
- SMOOTHTRACK TUNING
Tune each individual speed to your preferences. SmoothTrack provides movement translation based off the Ronin operator’s movement. As the Ronin operator pans or tilts the gimbal, the camera orientation will pan and tilt in the direction the gimbal is moved and then ramp down in speed. This pan and tilt movement speed can be independently adjusted using software. Translated movement acceleration can also be fine tuned as well. If the Ronin operator needs to pan or tilt rapidly between two positions and the standard speed isn’t sufficient, an accelerated speed can be adjusted without affecting slower movements.
- RONIN STATS
The Ronin’s vital stats can also be viewed on the Assistant app. Key items such as motor power, pan-tilt-roll axis’s degrees of movement, electronics’ temperature monitoring, as well as remaining battery life.
- FIRMWARE UPGRADABLE
All units shipped will have the latest firmware, but due to our continuous drive to innovate, firmware updates will be made available online for improved performance and future features.
Accessory Power Connections
12V regulated P-Tap x 2, USB 500mW x 1, DJI Lightbridge x 1
GCU Input Power
4S Ronin Battery
2.4GHz Remote Control, Bluetooth, USB
PC Assistant Software Requirements
Windows XP SP3; Windows 7; Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit)
Mobile Assistant Software Requirements
iOS version 6.1 or above Mobile Device iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPod touch 5 , iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini
Mechanical & Electrical Characteristics
Static current: 300mA (@16V)
-15°C ~ 50°C (5°F ~ 120°F)
4.20kg (9.26lbs) fully loaded with handlebar
620mm(W) x 280-380mm (D)x 500mm(H)
Supported Camera Dimensions
Maximum depth at center of mass on camera base plate: 140mm
Load Weight (Reference Value)
Controlled Angle Accuracy
Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed
Pan axis: 90°/sec
Controlled Rotation Range
Pan axis control: 360°
Refund and Exchange Policies
DJI guarantees that subject to the following conditions, refund and exchange can be requested within 7 working days (the actual date may varies according to local laws and regulations) of the purchase date (subject to actual date the product was received). Please contact DJI or an authorized distributor of DJI that you purchased from for more details of the services:
Exchange can be requested under one of the following conditions:
- Product has sustained damage in transit, which was found when being unpacked and checked with the presence of the courier.
- Misrepresentation of the product purchased based on original description of the product.
- Manufacturing defect(s).
Refund can be requested under one of the following conditions:
- When not being used, manufacturing defect of the product was found within 7 working days since of receipt.
- Product has been exchanged once but still has manufacturing defect.
- Product was received 5 working days passed the guaranteed delivery date due to external factors.
Refund and/or Exchange can not be requested under one of the following conditions:
- Customer did not immediately report damage sustained in transit of the product.
- Refund or exchange is requested after 7 working days (the actual date may varies according to local laws and regulations) of purchase (since the actual date the product received).
- Product sent in for refund or exchange not including all original accessories, attachments and packaging, or with damage on any part of the product.
- Legal proof-of-purchase or receipts are unable to be provided, or have been forged or tampered.
- Product held no manufacturing defects after testing made by DJI Technical Support.
- Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing defects, as well as any damage caused by unauthorized modification, entry of foreign body (water, oil, sand, etc.), improper installation or operation.
- Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show signs of tampering or altering.
- Damage caused by external factors, including but not limited to: fire, flood, high wind strength and lightning strike.
Paid Repair Service
DJI provides our customers with paid repair service for products that do not meet the conditions falling under our warranty. Customers will be charged for diagnostic, labor, materials, repair and return delivery.
If the customer decides not to move forward with the repair, the customer will be liable for payment of return delivery of their product(s), as well as the cost of diagnosis.
Diagnosis is free of charge if the product is within warranty period.
Paid repair service will include the following:
- Products that are no longer covered under the warranty and/or warranty has expired.
- All other situations that do not meet with the conditions pursuant to the warranty service (see details in Warranty service terms).
DJI guarantees that, under the following conditions during the warranty period (see Chart), starting from the date product is purchased, warranty service will be provided.
Diagnostic, labor, materials, tests and return delivery are covered pursuant to DJI’s service warranty.
The following conditions must be met for warranty service:
- During warranty period, product is normal used, as intended by the manufacturer.
- No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed.
- Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering;
- Valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (DJI Direct Sales.is provided.
Following situations are not subject to warranty service conditions:
- Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing factors.
- Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembling or shell opening which did not follow the instruction of official manuals.
- Damage caused by improper installation, or incorrect use or operation despite of the guidance of manuals.
- Damage caused by unauthorized modification of circuit, mismatch or misuse of battery and charger.
- Damage caused by any flights which didn’t follow the instructions of the manuals.
- Damage caused by operation in bad weather (i.e. strong wind, rain, sand/dust storm, etc.)
- Damage caused by operating the unit in an electromagnetic interference environment (i.e. mining area, radio transmitting tower, high-voltage wire, substation, etc.).
- Damage caused by operating the unit in a known environment with interference with other wireless devices (i.e. transmitter, video-link, Wi-Fi signals, etc.).
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a weight greater than safe takeoff weight.
- Damage caused by forced flight when components have been aged or damaged.
- Damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthenticated third-party parts.
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a low charged or defective battery.
Warranty Period of Ronin
|Remote Control||12 Months|
|Smart Battery||3 Months|
|Gimbals Battery||6 Months|
Product's SKU: Ronin
DJI Ronin 3-Axis Stabilized Handheld Gimbal System
DJI is a Chinese technology company headquartered in Shenzhen which produces commercial and recreational UAVs, including the Phantom quadcopter. DJI UAVs are designed for aerial photography and videography.Know more about DJI
Product reviews - DJI Ronin 3-Axis Stabilized Handheld Gimbal System
Reviews are loading, please wait...
Loading, please wait...